Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:01
According to Meites History, Anshe Emet (listed as Anshe Emeth by Meites) was founded in 1878. However, the congregation published a centennial book in 1973,giving an earlier founding date.
It is first listed in the city directory in 1882 (as Anshe Emes) at 262 Division, which would be 505 W Division in the current street numbering system.
In 1893, the congregation moved to 349 Sedgwick, which would be near 1363 Sedgwick in the current address system.
1882 - 1893