1733 W. Chicago Ave.
Submitted by gfrere on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:53
Photograph Title: Western Wear Shop Sign
Caption: The parking lot for Alcala's Western wear shop in marked by its idiosyncratic neon signage. The shop was founded in 1972 by Luis Alcala and remains a family-owned enterprise. It is known for its selection of fitted hats (from wool to ten-gallon cowboy to chinchilla fur) and boots ($75 leather to $4, 000 alligator). In 2000, 28 years after its opening, the store was one of the largest retailers of Western wear in the region.
More pictures of Alcala's.
2000 - 2000