Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:00
According to Meites, Agudas Achim was founded in 1884 by Hungarian Jews, first meeting on Maxwell Street. In 1906, the congregation moved to a new synagogue at Marshfield and Polk. In 1923, the congregation merged with North Shore Sons of Israel and moved to that congregation’s synagogue at 5029 North Kenmore Avenue.
The website of Agudas Achim North Shore Congregation includes a history of the congregation:
Agudus Achem (city directory)
Agudath Achim Anshe (city directory)
Agudas Achim North Shore Congregation (current name)
1906 - 1923