St. Vincent Infant Asylum
Submitted by admin on Wed, 2014-11-12 10:46
St. Vincent Infant Asylum; Daughters of Charity from St. Joseph Hospital established an asylum for pregnant, unmarried women and their infants, and for foundlings in 1881. Moved to Superior and Orleans; 1888 at 721 North LaSalle Street.
Harry C. Koenig, editor, A History of the Offices, Agencies, and Institutions of the Archdiocese of Chicago: Published in Observance of the Golden Jubilee of the Priesthood of His Eminence, John Cardinal Cody, 2 volumes (Chicago: The Archdiocese of Chicago, 1981), 2:902
1888 - 1972