Submitted by nwhite on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:54
Organized 1843 on Franklin (Lake and Franklin) and later located at LaSalle and Ohio. The pastor and some members of this congregation withdrew in 1848 to form First St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church (Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod). The congregation is now a member of the United Church of Christ and located at 2335 N. Orchard.
Dedication Book of First St. Pauls Evangelical Lutheran Church, Chicago, Illinois. Chicago: St. Pauls Evangelical and Reformed Church, 1942. Call No. BX7481.C4 D44 1942.
Grauer, Gerhard W. A History of the First St. Pauls Evangelical Lutheran Church of Chicago (Evangelical and Reformed), 1843–1943: With the Program of the Centennial Celebration, November 1943. Chicago: St. Paul’s Evangelical and Reformed Church, 1943. Call No. BX7481.C4 F57 1943.
Membership records available on microfilm from the Family History Library: FHL Film #1510190 Item 5
Parish register, 1912-1959