Old Blue Island Cemetery
Submitted by metcallahan_3258 on Sat, 2016-11-19 11:47
Early settlers in the area, mostly of German descent, were buried in Old Blue Island Cemetery. In 1898 complaints from nearby residents resulted in an ordinance prohibiting additional burials. In 1928, the Memorial Park Association deeded the land to the Blue Island Park District. Most of the bodies were moved to Mount Greenwood Cemetery and First Lutheran Cemetery, and the site is now Blue Island Memorial Park.
Helge, Janice, and Kirk Vandenberg. The Old Blue Island (IL) Cemetery, 1867–1935
South Suburban Genealogical and Historical Society research series, vol. 14
Hazel Crest, Ill.: South Suburban Genealogical and Historical Society, 2006
Call No. folio F549.B68 H455 2006