Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:05
Meites’ 1924 History of the Jews of Chicago records that the congregation was founded in 1890. In 1955, the congregation moved to a new structure at 6043 N. California from its previous location at Douglas and Christiana. The Chicago Tribune reported on the dedication of the new building on May 15, 1955.
Congregation Mishno Gemora (City directory of 1923)
Congregation Mishna Ugmoro (Meites)
Misho Gmoro (Chicago Tribune)
Mishne-Ugmoro (Chicago Tribune)
Mishne Ugnovo (Chicago Tribune)
Chebrah Gemorrah (Chicago Tribune)