St. James Catholic Cemetery/St. James at Sag Bridge

Street Address: 
106th Street and Archer Road
Lemont, IL

The site of an old Indian burial ground and a French fort, St. James was founded by Irish workers building the Illinois and Michigan Canal. Burial records are kept at Good Shepherd Cemetery,  16201 S. 104th Avenue, Orland Park.


Hucke, Matt, and Ursula Bielski. Graveyards of Chicago: The People, History, Art, and Lore of Cook County Cemeteries
Chicago, Ill.: Lake Claremont Press, 2013 (2nd ed.)
Call No. Chicago Browsing F547.C7 H84 2013


Other resources:
Find a Grave
Genealogy Trails
Master Index to South Suburban Genealogical and Historical Society Cemetery Census Series (search Lemont Township)




1837 - 9999

Structure Type



Add comment