McBride Bros. & Knobbe
Submitted by gfrere on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:57
According to the 1910 Chicago City Directory, the McBride Bros. & Knobbe Ice Cream Company had locations at 721 S. Clinton, 4617 N. Ravenswood (east side of the railroad tracks), 4602 W. Kinzie and 4611 S. State. See picture of Oscar Harz with a McBride Bros & Knobbe delivery wagon. It is possible that this photograph was taken near the Ravenswood distribution depot.
The company was absorbed by the Borden Company in 1929. (Source: "Chicagolands Ice Cream Bill 26 Millions Last Year." Chicago Daily Tribune (1923-1963): 27. ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Chicago Tribune (1849-1988). Jan 06 1930. Web. 17 Mar. 2012.)