A G Beth Israel Congregation
Submitted by jack on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:03
Austro Galician Beth Isreal was established in 1956. It was the result of the merger of two congregtions: Beth Israel, which previously met at a temporary location on Peterson, and Austro-Galician, which previously met at 1357 N. California.
The combined congregation established a synagogue at 3635 W. Devon. An article in the Chicago Tribune of July 1, 1956 described the merger.