Fourth Presbyterian Church
Submitted by nwhite on Wed, 2014-11-12 11:55
Michigan Avenue and Chestnut. The Fourth Presbyterian Church of Chicago was founded in February 1871 when the congregations of Westminster Presbyterian Church and North Presbyterian Church merged. On October 8 of that same year, the great Chicago fire destroyed Fourth Church's first worship space the very night the young congregation dedicated it new home!" -from website. In 1874, they reopened on Rush and Superior (NW corner); in 1914, they returned to Chestnut and Michigan, where it still stands today.
Roll of Members and Adherents, 1896. Chicago: Fourth Presbyterian Church, 1896. Call No. D28962.164.
Scroggs, Marilee Munger. A Light in the City: The Fourth Presbyterian Church of Chicago. Chicago: Fourth Presbyterian Church, 1990. Call No. BX9211.C4 S27 1990.
Membership records available on microfilm from the Family History Library: FHL #914074 Item 6
Session minutes, 1892-1900
1871 - 9999